Monday, August 1, 2011

Recipe for Magic

Being at Breitenbush Hot Springs for my birthday was just magic! There were many ingredients to this recipe that made it so lovely.


1. We decided in the car that it was a no criticism, only appreciation day. And I decided to let my daughter be however she needed to be -- grouchy, bored, happy, etc.



2. I let go of expectations to feel physically well. This turned out to be a big part of the magic of the day. Physically I was very sick but I didn't let it change my day or my mood.




3. Really took to heart this thought: There can be physical pain in the body but that does not equal suffering or sorrow. That is caused by our resistance to what is. Let go of the resistance and one can be happy and in pain. :)

4. Breitenbush River and Springs are just pure magic. She is beyond beautiful. Her smell, sound, sight. I could spend ever day soaking, listening, playing.







2 comments:

  1. In pain and happy at the same time...Isn't it interesting how the human spirit can experience opposing feelings side by side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting indeed. I think that upholds the theory that happiness is our true nature and all of the rest is just fleeting.

    ReplyDelete