Monday, July 25, 2011

37 and counting

Tomorrow will mark 37 times I have ridden the cosmic orbit around the sun. That sounds so much better than saying "I'm 37."

I have come to care very little about my birthday in recent years. This year I seem to be reflecting about it more. Maybe this is because there is so much happening in my life. I'm not sure. I do know I appreciate the well wishes, prayers and the chance to pamper myself even a little.

Earlier today (after gagging on a nasty medicine) I was thinking about how sick I am of taking 15 medicines twice a day (I just counted for the first time tonight --- and this doesn't include as needed things). Then I shifted that thought to, "I am so lucky to have a condition that even has a possible treatment." That shift in thought is a great example of the intention I have for this next rotation around the sun.

I have always loved the Gandhi quotation, "Be the change you want to see in the world." I think I will make that even closer to home. "Be the shift you want to see in your life." It's really time. Let the shifting begin.

My goddess fairy sister gave me the most lovely birthday card tonight. These words she wrote sum up my intentions for this coming journey, "I am wanting one thing for you this year -- to be yourself, fully well." Fully well -- my time is here! Yippee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment