Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Smiling

My contemplation tonight is on the power of a smile. Does smiling really shift everything? Maybe. We'll see.

I went to a yoga class tonight. The theme was "smiling" on the outside and the inside. I have heard of this technique before and wondered about it. Tonight it seemed to work. Rather than worry how I would make it through my first yoga class in years, I just smiled. Sometimes it was a grin and other times it was an all out smile.

What I really wanted to do was shout, "I'm doing it! I'm moving my body! I'm strong!" My prayer is I feel the same way in the morning. It's okay if I am sore as I haven't used many of these muscles in years. But what doesn't need to happen is physical collapse from exercise. That phase is over dearest body. I hope you heard that loud and clear.

There is good reason to hope that the body will recover well from this bit of moving it around like a pretzel. When I went to the coast on Sunday night I was ridiculously under dressed. Cold has equalled pain for me for many years, and a night at the coast was often enough to send my body into the abyss for days or weeks afterwards. But on Sunday night I was just cold. You heard me right, just cold. That's it. Really that was amazing. My husband was so worried about me and I had to keep reassuring him that I was cold but fine. Wow!

That is how I will be tomorrow after a night of more exercise than I have had in ages. I will be a little sore. That's it. And my body will benefit from all this oxygen getting to places it hasn't in so long. The Lyme bacteria doesn't like oxygen. Awe, poor little bacteria will be dying. I can't say I am sad about that.

I pray my body has the strength and the power to come into balance. It will flush any bacteria out that needs to go. The kidneys will work as they need to (they seem to be overdoing it a bit the last few weeks - getting blood work to check on them tomorrow) and flush out any dead little Lymies. All is well and will be well. The body will rejuvenate and replenish as it is made to do. And I will keep smiling.....


No comments:

Post a Comment