Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Discouraged

I am feeling discouraged today. I have nothing witty or inspiring to say.

Today I just want to be done with this stupid Lyme disease and the treatment. I don't want to take any more pills or supplements. I don't want to have to rest in the middle of the day. I don't want to be in pain, nauseous, dizzy, feel tired or having memory issues. I don't want to feel on edge, angry or short-tempered for no reason. I don't want to loose my temper with my daughter or husband. I don't want to eat crappy food because I don't feel like cooking. I don't want to surf the Internet looking at mindless news because I am too tired and worn out for anything else. I don't want to go on little walks and take it easy on my body. I don't want to look around the house and have an anxiety attack because it is dirty and disorganized. I don't want to freak out about all the things I haven't done at home or work.

I want off this ride today. I would like a different ride. Something a little less bumpy. I would imagine this feeling to be similar to a toddler who is sick of their toys and just lays in the middle of a playroom filled with wonderful toys kicking and screaming for seemingly no reason. Unfortunately it is not socially acceptable for me to exhibit such behavior (even though I do succumb and do it occasionally).

What can I do (other than wallow in self-pity or throw a tantrum)? Maybe I can just accept that I feel tired of all of this today. I can give myself a hug and acknowledge that this process isn't easy. I may be getting stronger and healing does seem to be occurring, but it is still really hard sometimes. I know this too shall pass. I just wish it would pass right now.

(I will go look at the deck of cards by inspiring co-worker loaned me. I bet there is a card for this kind of morning.)

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I think there is a card for "discouraged"- something about how you don't have to be upbeat and perky all the time- sometimes you can just throw your tantrum and say "I HATE THIS" and release all that discouragement into the atmosphere. Then, maybe, you'll create some room for something else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I think that is exactly what happened today. I started out so discouraged and pissy. Writing about it helped to take the edge off and take the power out of it. You're right - it created space. Then I went on to have a positive and productive day!

    ReplyDelete